5.26.2006

Now it's time for a little braggadocio

I did something Wednesday that I didn't think I'd ever have the courage to do: I drove to a club by myself to see a concert. I just couldn't miss MC Frontalot. I mean, how often does some dude whose music you download a bunch of from the internet play a show at a club five minutes away from you? This is especially fortuitous when said music is completely awesome. It took a lot of encouragement from Mary and a lot of parking-planning on both our parts, but I eventually gathered the fortitude to drive down the street and go into a place.

I met Front almost immediately after going into the club. I forgot to get an autograph (and basically wouldn't have asked anyway), but I did have a short conversation about the tour while I purchased my selection of limited-edition commemorative tour merchandise in the form of one t-shirt. Then I hung around the 'merch area' (basically the entrance to the main room) while the first band got all their rappin' and innuendoin' out of their systems. When they left, most of the intimidating people left too, leaving only skinny ironic-shirt-and-bad-haircut types and a bunch of verifiable nerds, somewhere between 30 and 50 total.

Favorites were performed, faces were rocked, Magic: the Gathering cards were dramatically produced from pockets and thrown into the audience. I don't know how to write about concerts, so I'll just express it in Wesley Willis-speak: the band played it off; the band whooped it up. The crowd roared like a lion! The rock show was kicking a European bison's ass.

I had a good time. I may even consider going to more places to see and do things!

2 Comments:

At Fri Jun 02, 05:38:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I've kept this post in my mind for days now, because I wanted to remember the name of the club I guessed this was at, and I can't do it. I could search, but that would defeat the purpose of me remembering it. So, I bet I know, more or less, where you saw this show, because I saw a couple things there.

Anyway, sounds like a very cool deal. Glad you did it!

I'll be in H-town from June 14-18, with a tiny bit of actual free time. If you want to come on down to Clear Lake and meet up... I'll have a bunch of students (well, 8), but it'd be cool to see you (and Mary if she's free!). This could qualify under that "going more places to see and do things," which is good for you!

 
At Mon Jun 05, 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Cingular. The phone is the cheapest that had covered keys (buttons exposed to the elements freak me out, so I had to go flip-wise). The phone is a Samsung... Cheapass. I don't know the model... Go into a store, and it's the cheapest. Still $60, but that's what they got. Got the guy to upgrade my plan for free, though. That was cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home