9.20.2006

Okay, so I am having an annoyingly ironic problem. I'm doing this incredibly short research paper, and I can't fucking find the sources I need. I need general information about database management systems, but from some kind of library science perspective. Journal articles aren't going to mention basic stuff, and database books are all too high-level too; the best sources I have right now are computer science books, but they don't talk about library stuff.

The fact that I suck at research means that I'm pretty much guaranteed to be a shitty/useless librarian. If any of you actual students out there can find something of use, let me know. I'm freaking out way too much about this dumb paper.

4 Comments:

At Thu Sep 21, 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Ask Molly! She's a rockin' experienced librarian and teaches, too. Email me for her contact info!

Also: Happy Birthday!

(Yes, I am going to hit up at least five different places to tell you Happy B-day; this is #3.)

 
At Sun Oct 01, 09:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first thought would be Wikipedia, which I don't think is even credible enough to count as a source for any SERIOUS research paper...

And while I disagree entirely that you're going to end up as a librarian, I can't imagine that doing research paper about BEING a librarian will help much! =D

 
At Sun Oct 01, 10:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, clarification: I disagree you will become a SHITTY/USELESS librarian. The career itself is perfectly useful/shit-free.

 
At Sun Oct 01, 10:06:00 PM, Blogger JC! said...

Yes, that certainly clarifies the meaning somewhat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home