10.06.2006

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computer

While Mary is in San Diego at the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conference, I'm here making another unordered list, containing these things I've been doing:

  • Making monochromatic and kind of ugly blog templates. Well, one.

  • Taking care of kittens, and trying not to bore them with my sedentary lifestyle.

  • Taking care of a bunch of school work! Surprisingly.

  • Enjoying some rented games.



Mostly I just wanted to make this post to brag about Mary and say how awesome she is (and also to make another list, which I can't seem to get enough of). She goes all over the place on these crazy conferences, and has these great experiences, and makes all kinds of contacts and stuff. It's just very impressive. She's a very impressive person. I would get hung up on the traveling and spend the whole trip freaked out.

On a much smaller scale, I'm also happy that I can be an independent dude every once in a while; to have confirmation that when left to my own devices, not only will I get out of bed and not waste the entire day, but I will also do things that need to be done, and feed myself and clean the house and occasionally buy groceries and even do work just like a regular person. Just like people who have to go places.

2 Comments:

At Fri Oct 06, 09:44:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

A list for you:
a. Kittens are adorable.
b. You are incredibly sweet for encouraging your girl.
c. Missing people you care about makes it really super awesome when you get to see them again. PS: I'm going to AZ in two weeks :-D :-D :-D
d. Kittens are hard to bore, I bet. There is not a doubt in my mind that you are doing an awesome job of entertaining them.
e. Sadly, I *am* wasting the days until I find out about my, you know, entire future existence from those Jet Propulsion Whats-it-somebodies.
f. I ran out of list points here because I'm talking to some beatiful boy in Spain who will soon be in Arizona again (!) and I've had a couple beers and I like X-Men III, gosh darn it!! (Watched it tonight with the family; it wasn't so bad, and I cannot forgive Singer for horribly miscasting and *naming* Rogue.)

 
At Tue Oct 10, 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

bizarre:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2777590

 

Post a Comment

<< Home