10.27.2006

Here are some great newses

First off, I'm happy to announce that I turned my thesis in on Wednesday! I have a master's degree! How did that happen?

Should you like to read the thesis, "Effects of coda voicing on onset /n/ and /l/ duration in American English," here it is. It's hosted on Yousendit right now, so I'll have to figure something else out after a week or so. Enjoy!

Mary and I are considering attending the May graduation ceremony. She'll be getting her master's soon, too.

Second, I got my first-ever job offer. I was contacted on GAF yesterday and asked if I would be interested in writing for a gaming blog! I said I would, of course (and then in my head I said *(#$UNHFEH(#*(UR DLJLJF), and now I'm apparently being considered for the job! I was told that the editors of the site would be "watching me" on 20xx games, which means that I'm going to work on putting the best content I can on there this weekend.

I heard that having a master's degree would help me get a job, but I assumed it was because it looked good on a resume, not because it acted as a talisman to magically attract employers.

Finally, the refrigerator is finally clean. I felt stupid about not having dumped out those black beans earlier.

3 Comments:

At Sat Oct 28, 09:14:00 AM, Blogger Vermeil Scandal said...

So many congratulations!

 
At Tue Oct 31, 01:39:00 PM, Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

Congrats! So when are we taking you out to celebrate your Master's? Nice work with the job, too!

 
At Tue Oct 31, 11:07:00 PM, Blogger sadkingjonathan said...

Felicitations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home