3.18.2007

AMAZING STORIES of having a lot of shit going on!

In our last installment, we learned about my awesome new job. Well, that continues, and continues to be awesome, and thanks to the randomness of Internet memes, I am quantifiably awesome at it. Here's why: last week, I wrote a story about some dumb-looking boxart for a reissue of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Well, some Digg user thought it was pretty hilarious and posted a link to it on Digg. This is a fairly common occurrence, although I get totally flattered whenever somebody does it (the secret, however, is that the Diggers are using my link as a reference to share the material, and they aren't really interested in my writeup at all. They probably found it on our site first, is all.) But this time... well, here. See if you can spot the day that Digg users got interested in my story.



I love that picture. This event was a significant ego boost, which is to say that I have an ego now.

Hey, remember when I couldn't get a job? And I had to take a free one? Yeah, those days are over. Since I wrote my last post, I have:
  1. Taken the holy-fuck-awesome blogging job
  2. Turned down a job with the Houston Public Library (another first!)
  3. Started and completed the internship at the Rice Digital Media Center, and
  4. Gone completely fucking nuts
    1. Continued taking full-time school, to the surprise of my library school colleagues
    2. Taken another fucking job for some reason
ccdYes, full-time school and blogging is not enough. I spent long enough with no job, now I want them all apparently. Well, sort of. I took a job as an Archives Intern with Rice's library because it was a very good opportunity in a field that apparently doesn't have any opportunities, and because I eventually want to make enough money that I can buy stuff with it, and because I had already turned down one job that same day and felt guilty about it.

The last three weeks, I have worked from 9 in the morning until at least 3AM, with breaks only to eat, go to the bathroom and drive from home to school and back. All of my classes had midterm tests and projects that I had to work on, and I've been writing around five posts a day, which can take (me) a long time. I'm completely worn out, and I have no free time.

In a way, it's good. It lets me know that I'm not lazy, which comes as a total shock to me. But in other, less noble ways, it sucks ass to work all the time seriously I just want to go to dinner or play some Elite Beat Agents what the shit.

It's tapering off now. Midterms are over, so I just have two jobs and regular school. Last night Mary and I played Super Mario World, and today I went to Gamecrazy to get my Street Fighter III: Third Strike disc buffed so I could eBay it. It was nice to go do stuff. Of course, my Dreamcast died when I came back, but I don't want to talk about that.

Today, despite having a shitload of blogging to do for the morning, I decided to take a break and write this blog post. Hi blog friends! Sorry I haven't been updating you guys!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wed Mar 28, 05:13:00 PM, Blogger sadkingjonathan said...

I, too, know the sorrow of multiple job woes. Glad to see things are looking up, though.

 
At Thu Jan 21, 05:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home