1.31.2006

Narcissism factor: surprisingly high

I officially started dieting this weekend. Whereas before I had taken such
drastic health-minded steps as switching out real cola for mysterious cola
simulacra (I prefer the fake Coke with bizarre cherry-esque chemicals), now I
am actually logging the number of calories I consume every day, with the goal
of, uh, not consuming that many. Only a week after we decided to stop
budgeting so carefully, I open a new damn spreadsheet. It turns out that I
don’t eat much to start with, so dieting is going to present a unique challenge.

I’m having a pretty hard time retraining myself not to eat when I am hungry.
I have food near me all the time, and the means to procure more at my leisure.
The only thing I can’t do is eat it.

The good part is that when I do eat, I’m eating different stuff, as I search
for healthy snacks and meals. It’s kind of neat to change up the routine,
plus any activity where I get to eat delicious homemade chili is WIN.

I’m also exercising now too, although I’m not sure how long that will last
(ProTip: exercise fucking sucks completely). Last year I started doing situps
every night, but I broke the habit in mid-July on account of organ removal and
subsequent removed-organ-area pain, and never got back into it. I know I can
at least keep that up every night. In addition, Mary and I have been taking
advantage of the Houston winter (AKA summer), enjoying some long walks. I
know they’re working because I sweat more than usual afterward and also my
legs hurt. Also last week we started going to the apartment gym and running
on those elliptical things. I brought my MP3 player and listened to Jay-Z
tell me how awesome and successful he is. That is surprisingly motivating.

Maybe this is the beginning of a new era for JCs! An era of actual motivation! THE AGE OF SOMETHING OF SOME KIND BEING DONE

Seriously, the more actual things I am able to convince myself to do, the less useless I become! Also I lose manboob mass!

Okay, that was a whole bunch of talking about myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home