1.15.2006

On the jazz

So I fixed my clock problem. On impulse, I picked up a clock assembly at Michaels, then went home and made this Atari A-Team cartridge clock.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The cartridge was originally Pac-Man, but the glue Atari used for their labels bled through, making an ugly, splotchy mess. Plus, the Atari Pac-Man art... is not that great. So I printed some custom A-Team artwork, which is pleasing to me on three levels:
1) Looks cool
2) I enjoy the A-Team (despite having the show dismissed by one of the Academic Team crowd as 'a Mr.T vehicle'), and
3) There really was an A-Team 2600 game, but it was never released, making my clock seem like a horrible waste of a prototype cartridge (with inexplicably professional labeling)

Yeah. I had planned to put this in my office, but I like it so much that it's my new wall clock by the computer at home, and I'll be bringing the Gyromite clock to school.

I don't know, this is a pretty long post about a boring thing, but I was in a bad mood and showing off my little craft makes me kind of happy. Plus I want to keep up my blog habit. I don't know.

I really need to make a Guitar Hero post too.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 16, 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

That's too cool.

 
At Sun Jan 22, 08:31:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

So how's that school treating you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home